RHS Guidance Office Welcomes You!
Welcome to the Guidance website. My name is Samantha Bloom and this will be my second year as the school counselor at Rockford High School. I received my Master of Education Degree in School Counseling from the University of Wisconsin Superior. As a guidance department our goal is to educate our students on their post-secondary options, provide emotional support, and create academic awareness. I look forward to working with you and your student.
If you would like to set up an appointment to meet with me, please fill out this following form Appointment Request Form Thank you!
Host A Foreign Exchange Student
Rockford High School is continuing the tradition of welcoming Foreign Exchange students to our campus. This is not only a wonderful experience for the visiting student, but hosting a foreign exchange student brings new cultural traditions to your family as well. Students need a kind and welcoming place to experience everyday life as a high school student in the United States.
As a Host Family, you will:
- Be kind and welcoming
- Include the student in your daily family activities and routine
- Promote an active social calendar
- Talk about conflicts and issues as soon as they arise
- Provide room and board including healthy meals during the week and on weekends
- Ensure transportation to and from school
- Check in with your student and the school to make sure the student is being successful
If you are interested in learning more about hosting or want to sign up, please contact:
International Exchange Coordinator