SENIOR INFORMATION HUB
The links below are valuable resources for RHS students:
Additional information for senior students regarding scholarships, financial aid or transcript requests, may be found on the links below.
- Senior Information Sheet (used to assist teachers/staff with writing letters of recommendation)
- Letter of Recommendation Request Form (submit to teachers/staff along with senior information sheet)
- College Application Checklist
- CIS Course Information for RHS
- Graduation Cap and Gown Order Form
- Senior Guidance Presentation
- Welcome to Your Senior Year Letter
- College Knowledge Newsletter (access to Live Events, Pre- Recordings and Resources for topics like FAFSA, college applications, admissions process, college essay writing and more)
- Direct Admissions Program (RHS participates in the Direct Admissions Program with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education. This allows students to know they have met the admissions criteria for many colleges and universities in Minnesota and will receive direct admissions to those institutions. Students received letters in October with the list of colleges based on their transcript. Surveys to select schools are in the student portal.)
Helpful tools for students to understand the cost of post-high school education.
- 5 Myths of College Costs
- 3 Ways Families Can Lose Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Offer that Won't Pay Senior Bills
- Save Now as College Costs Climb
- Schools That Meet 100% of Financial Need
- Best Value Schools - A guide for schools in Minnesota
- The College Search
- Questions to Ask Colleges
- List of Online Resources
October is College Knowledge Month! Many institutions waive the college application fees during College Knowledge Month. A good resource for families: Minnesota Goes to College.
Minnesota State Week is June 21-24, 2022. The colleges and universities of Minnesota State will waive application fees during “Minnesota State Week,” set for June 21 - 24, 2022. It’s a great time for students who haven’t decided what they will do after graduation this spring to explore one or more of the 54 campuses that are part of Minnesota State.
Common App is an online college application platform to over 100 colleges worldwide. Some schools may require applications be sent through the Common App system.
U of M Share My App
Students who complete their application for admission to the Twin Cities campus are invited to participate in the U of M Share My App Program. By participating in this program, students can also apply for admission at one or more additional campuses of the University of Minnesota system with no additional application and no additional application fee. Please note that participation in this program does not impact the Twin Cities application process in any way. http://admissions.tc.umn.edu/apply/sharemyapp.html
Tuition Reimbursement Opportunity for Cosmetology and Massage Therapy Career Fields
Thruline Works collaborates, partners and works directly with employers to help their potential employees get the education they need for the careers they want. We have some exciting opportunities in the Minneapolis/St. Paul market for students wishing to pursue a career in the cosmetology or massage therapy field after high school. We have been contracted by Fantastic Sams and Massage Envy to generate new net employees for their salons and clinics. This program is designed to generate interest in the cosmetology and massage therapy career fields, help those interested candidates enroll in school and place them into a fulfilling career. Both Fantastic Sams and Massage Envy are willing to invest in students who are wanting to pursue a cosmetology or a massage therapy career by offering a substantial tuition reimbursement package to help pay for their education and guaranteeing them employment once they have completed school. Students interested in this career path should contact Leslie at 612.315.1876; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual College Visits
Many colleges are offering Virtual College Visit opportunities. Some of these opportunities are listed below.
- NACAC Spring Virtual College Fair 2023
- Wisconsin College Campus Tours
- Minnesota College Campus Tours
- Nation Wide Campus Tours
College Visits at RHS
Many colleges are offering virtual and in-person visit options.
Upcoming college visits to RHS will be listed below.
Tuesday, October 25th- College of St. Benedict & St. John's University
Thursday, October 27th- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Tuesday, November 1st- Ridgewater College
Thursday, November 3rd- Concordia College
Tuesday, November 8th- University of Minnesota Duluth
Tuesday, November 22nd- North Dakota State University
Thursday, December 1st- Alexandria Technical and Community College
The following colleges and universities will be attending the RHS college and career fair on Friday, October 14, 2022:
- Southwest Minnesota State- Marshall, MN
- North Hennepin Community College
- St. Cloud State University
- University of St. Thomas
Upcoming College Fairs and Open Houses
Throughout the school year, colleges and universities will send information and flyers to RHS inviting students to attend college fairs and open houses. Upcoming events will be listed below.